Care Home Fees

In later years it is easy to forget how important it is to plan for your future and the future of your loved ones.

It may be necessary to put in place a Will if you do not already have one to ensure the people you choose benefit from your estate, or if you have a Will, it may need to be updated to make sure it reflects your current wishes.

You should put a Lasting Power of Attorney in place to ensure that the people you trust can deal with your financial affairs if you become unable to do so in the future.

The value of your assets may mean there is a risk that you will become liable to pay care fees if you require assistance in your old age. As we become older financial matters may become a burden. In some cases health issues could mean a change in accommodation, a move to supported living or the need for full care.

Our specialist lawyers can advise on all these issues and put in place arrangements to ensure you and your family have peace of mind in the future.

What if I need care and cannot afford to pay?

A person may become entitled to funding from the government for their care if the value of their savings and income drop below £23,250. This will not include the person’s home if their spouse/partner continues to live there.

Other benefits may be available such as Attendance Allowance, Severe Disability Allowance and Carer’s Allowance. We can look into these on your behalf.

If an individual has physical or mental care needs they may be eligible for funding from the NHS. To decide if you are eligible for funding, the NHS will conduct an assessment of an individual’s needs. This assessment is not means tested and the savings/income of the individual has no bearing on the decision to provide funding.

If you would like help with any matter relating to planning for later years or care home funding  please do not hesitate to contact one of our team on 01502 532 300 or email

If you are unable to visit our offices we can arrange for one of our lawyers to visit you in the comfort of your own home to discuss your requirements.