Court of Protection/Deputyship Orders

In circumstances where a person loses capacity but has not previously put in place a Lasting Power of Attorney or Enduring Power of Attorney, the only way in which another person can take control of their affairs is to be appointed as a Deputy. A Deputy will take responsibility for the incapacitated person's finances under the guidance of the Court of Protection and the Office of the Public Guardian.

Becoming a Deputy for another person can be a daunting task. Nicholsons Solicitors are able to provide you with expert guidance throughout the process.

If you would like help appointing a Deputy then please do not hesitate to contact one of our team on 01502 532 300 or email